NEW HAVEN PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING MINISTRY
New Havenoffers a Biblical pre-marital counseling ministry which is available to all couples who are thinking of or planning on getting married. We also offer a pre-marital counseling package to churches which are in need of this service. The package includes a minimum 4 of pre-marital counseling sessions.
CONTENT: The 4 sessions will include:
Session 1: Understanding Ourselves and Each Other.
- Getting acquainted, brief personal and family history.
- Assessment of spiritual condition and relationship with God.
- The authority of God’s Word.
Session 2: Understanding God’s Design of Marriage.
- The nature and meaning of a covenant marriage.
- Biblical definition and role of a godly husband.
- Biblical definition and role of a godly wife.
Session 3: Understanding Relationship Dynamics.
- Communication and conflict resolution.
- Seeking and giving forgiveness.
Session 4: Application and Conclusion.
- Follow up of previous sessions.
- Address other areas as deemed necessary.
- Encouragement and blessing of the couple.
- The couple will be given assignments to work on in between sessions to learn and apply the subject matter to their personal lives.
- The couple will be given a folder containing notes, articles and other pertinent material .
- The couple will be encouraged to come back toNew Haven6 months after their wedding for a check up.
OPTIONAL ASSESSMENT AVAILABLE:
- Prepare-Enrich relationship inventory: Identifies strength and growth areas of the couple’s relationship including communication, conflict resolution, roles, finances, family and others.
For more information or to make arrangements for pre-marital counseling, please contact us:
New Haven Ministries